Introduction to color gradients in Delphi FireMonkey.
This video covers the basics of color gradients in Delphi FireMonkey
This can be applied any component that has a Fill property such as Shapes (TRectangle, TElipse) and event the background of a TForm.
The video shows :
- Overview of setting up gradient colors
- Change the angle to vertical, horizontal or anything in between such as 38 degrees
- Set the weight of each color. You can make one color more prominent than the other
- Setup more than 2 colors
- Change gradient properties in the IDE
- Change gradient properties at runtime using simple code
Gradient aren’t available for TPanel, TFrame and other components … dont panic
Now for the bad news – Gradient colors are not available for TPanel, TFrame, TGroupBox and various other container because they do not have a Fill property. Oh ohhhh !
Dont panic – I have a workaround for that that will publish a solution on here soon including full source code. If you are in a hurry, email me and Ill provide you with a pre-release version
This stuff is coming. Chill out until then
Download FireMonkey demo project
+1 this post
If you like this post, please +1 vote here to get it listed on Delphi Feeds and also here on BeginEnd. Thank You
- Oracle & Delphi software developer based in Perth, Western Australia
- Australian Delphi User Group – WA Chief Cat Herder
- Australian Delphi User Group – President
Leave a Reply